Share a secret
…with a link that only works one time and then self-destructs.
How it works
Compose your secret message, submit and you'll receive a one-time link.
Share your secret link using your preferred communication channel.
The secret link can be accessed one time. Afterwards it gets destroyed.
Why should I use this service?
Sharing secrets is delicate. You don't want sensitive information (confidential information, passwords, access tokens, key combinations, confessions, etc.) to stay in your Slack channel, Whatsapp chat log, inbox, or any other communication channel. A one-time disposable link guarantees that your secret is only viewed exactly once, before being permanently destroyed.
Use this service in case you want to…
- Share your Netflix password with a family member.
- Send a private message from a public computer.
- Confess to a secret crush.
- Transmit information that could be used against you.
How does the service work?
After you submit the form your secret will be encrypted and stored. You can now share the generated short link via text message, email or whatever service you trust. (We recommend Signal, Threema or Matrix.) After the recepients clicks the link, the message gets displayed and permanently removed from the database.
For extra security, you can include a password that will be needed to decrypt the message. (We recommend to share the password via a different channel then the link.)
What is the difference between Message, URL Redirect and Neogram™?
- Message: This is the standard mode. It's the preferred way to share passwords and similar kind of secrets. The recepient has the option to copy the secret. Demo
- URL Redirect: Think about it as a URL-shortener where the generated link only works once.
- Neogram™: Digital letter-style message that automatically burns after reading. Use it for confidential notes, confessions or secret love letters. Demo
How secure is your service?
All messages are end-to-end encrypted using AES-256, which is virtually impenetrable using brute-force methods. AES would take billions of years to break using current computing technology. For the highest level of security, an optional password (which is never stored either) will be used to encrypt your message. Read more on our Security page.
Can I retrieve a secret that has already been shared?
Nope. It's a one time secret. We show it once and then delete it permanently from the database. There is no backup. It's gone for good.
Can I get notified when a secret has been viewed?
Can the recepient save the message?
Sure. You can always take a screenshot. The idea behind this service is to securely share sensitive information one time. We (obviously) don't have control over what a recepient does with the message.
There is more…
With a free account you get access to the following features:
- Read receipts via SMS or Email
- Extended message limit: 10,000 characters
- Emoji link to share your secrets: https://🤫.st
- Customizations for Neogram™ messages (custom destruction message, timer)