Best practices, no extras.
All messages are end-to-end encrypted. We generate a random hash to encrypt your secret on the client using AES-256 (Advanced Encryption Standard). The encryption key is never stored, but added to the secret link itself. Without the full link, nobody (including us) will ever be able to decrypt your message.
If a password is provided, we use it to encrypt your secret on top of the standard encryption. The password is not being stored. Even with access to all our infrastructure an attacker couldn't read your message. After a secret has been viewed, we delete it permanently from our database. There is no backup.
Security by design
- All connections are secured via HTTPS
- All data is stored encrypted (not only secrets)
- As little third-party code as possible
- Dependencies are checked and updated regularly
- All code is open-source on Github
Trusted players, few dependencies.
We chose industry leaders to host our infrastructure:
- Website/API on Vercel
- Cloud Database with Scalegrid
- Object Storage (Files) with Flow Swiss AG
- Slack App on Heroku
- All code on Github